Joint Entrance Examination (Main), is an all india Engineering entrance exam which is conducted by CBSE to shortlist aspiring candidates seeking admission to undergraduate engineering programmes to Centrally-funded technical institutions such as NIT (National Institute of Technology), IITs (Indian Institutes of Technology) and other reputed institutes. The Joint Entrance Examination (JEE) is bifurcated into JEE (Main) examination and JEE (Advanced) examination.
The JEE (Main) exam is essentially the first screening test for the IITs. The exam is scheduled to be held on April 02, 2017. JEE (Main) is basically an eligibility test for JEE (Advanced) i.e only those candiadtes who will qualify in the JEE (Main) examination will be allowed to appear for JEE (Advanced) examination conducted exclusively for IITs. JEE (advanced) 2017 will be for held on May 21, 2017. Candidates can attempt JEE (Main) for a maximum three times.
Interested applicants must fulfill the following eligibility criteria to appear for the said examination
- There shall be no weightage for the 12th class marks for calculating the rankings in JEE for admissions to undergraduate engineering courses.
For the candidates to qualify for the admission in the IITs/NITs/IIITs and such other CFTIs whose admissions are based on the JEE (Advanced)/JEE(Main) ranks, they should have secured at least 75% marks in the 12th class examination, or be in the top 20 percentile in the 12th class examination conducted by the respective Boards. For SC/ST students the qualifying marks would be 65% in the 12th class examination.
- All the Indian Citizen applicants must possess AADHAR card issued by UIDAI. At the time of registration applicants will have to enter their Aadhar card number, name, date of birth and gender which will be validated with the UIDAI’s data. In case these particulars do not match, the candidate will not be able to fill the online application form for JEE (Main) 2017.
Candidates who are born on or after October 01, 1991 will be eligible to appear for JEE (Main) 2017 examination. Relaxation of 5 years for candidates belonging to SC, ST, and PwD category (i.e born on or after October 01, 1986).
How To Apply
Online application process for Joint Entrance Examination (Main) 2017 will begin from December 01, 2016. Last date for application is January 02, 2017. The fee can be paid up to January 03, 2017. Candidates who fulfill the above mentioned eligibilty criteria can apply online for the upcoming JEE (Main) 2017 exam through the official website jeemain.nic.in
- Open the official website of IIT JEE (Main)-2017 i.e jeemain.nic.in
- Download the Information Bulletin. Read the Instructions carefully.
- Fill in the online Application Form
- Fill up the details as per the field specified in the form.
- Upload scanned images of photograph, signature and left hand thumb impression.
- After completing the application form with requisite details proceed for payment (fee can be paid debit/credit card or e-challan i.e generated after the submission of details in online application form.)
*(Candidates are allowed to submit only one application form. More than one application i.e multiple applications from a candidate will be rejected. Also, the option of date for computer based examination for Paper 1 should be exercised while filling up the application form. The allotment of slots/dates will be on first come fist served basis.)
Information on Admit Card
The Admit card can be downloaded from the website from 2nd week March 2017 onwards. Also, candidates are advised to regularly check JEE (Main)-2017 website for all exam related updates.
JEE (Main) 2017 syllabus is split into the following sections –
- Mathematics – Sets, Relations & functions, complex numbers & Quadratic equations, matrices & determinanats, Permutation & combinations, Mathematical induction, Binomial theorem, Sequence & series co-ordinate gemoetry, 3-D gemoetry, Differential equation, integral calculus, limit, continuity & differentiablity, trigonometry, vectoral algebra, mathematical reasoning.
- Physics – Questions on measurement, kinematics, Laws of motion, work, energy & power, rotational motion, gravitation, Properties of solids & liquids, thermodymanics, Kinetic theory of gases, Oscillation & Waves, electrostatics, current electricity, magentic effects of current & magnetism, electromagnetic waves, Optics, electronic devices, Communication system.
- Chemistry – Questions on States of matter, atomic structure, chemical bonding & molecular structure, Chemical thermodynamics, solutions, redox reactions & electrochemistry, Chemical Kinetics, equilibrium, surface chemistry, Inorganic chemistry
There are 3 parts in the question paper A,B,C consisting of Physics, Chemistry, and Mathematics. Each question is allotted 4 marks for correct response. 1/4 mark will be deducted for indicating incorrect response of each question.
|No. of Questions||Marks||Duration(in mins)|
|Online Application Begins||December 01, 2016|
|Online Application Closes||January 02, 2017|
|Last Date to pay Application Fee||January 03, 2017|
|Download Admit Card window||March 2017|
Offline Examination (Pen & Paper mode) for Paper 1 (B.E./B.Tech.) & Paper 2 (B.Arch./B.Planning)
|Paper 1 (B.E./B.Tech.)||April 02, 2017|
|Paper 2 (B.Arch./B.Planning)||April 02, 2017|
Online Examination (Computer Based mode) for Paper 1 (B.E./B.Tech.)
|Paper 1 (B.E./B.Tech.)||April 08 & 09 2017|
|JEE (Main) 2017 Result Declaration 2017||April 27, 2017|