Reserve Bank of India will be conducting the RBI Grade B Officers (Phase-I) exam on June 17. Those who are interested can apply latest by May 23 (Tuesday).
The RBI Grade B officers (Phase I) 2017 exam will be held online on June 17. The (Phase II) examination will be held on July 7.
Applicants are advised to go through the eligibility criteria i.e educational qualification, age criteria, latest syllabus and exam pattern.
Application Fee and Intimation Charges
|SC/ST/PWD||Intimation charges only||Rs.100/-|
|GEN/OBC||Application fee including intimation charges||Rs.850/-|
- Educational Qualification – A minimum of 60% marks (50% in case of SC/ST/PWD) or equivalent in Bachelor’s Degree as well as in 12th and 10th standard examinations.
- Age limit – Candidates age must be in between 21 to 30 years.
- Number of attempts – The maximum permissible attempts (which were applicable for candidates belonging to Unreserved/General category) has been increased from 4 to 9.
RBI Grade B Officers (Phase I) paper will comprise of 4 sections –
- English language – Questions from the language and skills of reading, writing – including expression and understanding of the topic.
- Quantitative Aptitude – This Section will test candidate’s knowledge on mathematics.
- Reasoning – logical reasoning questions (verbal and non-verbal).
- General Awareness – General knowledge and current events.
RBI Grade B Officers (Phase II) paper will comprise of the following –
- Paper-I (Economic and Social Issues) – This section will cover topics such as measurement of growth i.e National and per capita income – Poverty Alleviation and Employment Generation in India –Sustainable Development and Environmental issues. Economic Reforms in India – Industrial and Labour Policy – Monetary and Fiscal Policy – Privatization – Role of Economic Planning. Globalization – Opening up of the Indian Economy – Balance of Payments, Export-Import Policy – International Economic Institutions – IMF and World Bank – WTO – Regional Economic Co-operation. Social Structure in India – Multiculturalism – Demographic Trends –Urbanization and Migration – Gender Issues – Social Justice : Positive Discrimination in favor of the under privileged – Social Movements – Indian Political System – Human Development – Social Sectors in India, Health and Education.
- Paper II (English) – This section will basically assess the writing skills of candidates.
- Paper-III – This is an optional subject. In this questions will be asked from Finance & Management i.e financial system (Regulators of Banks and financial Institutions), financial market (Primary and secondary markets, functions, instruments, recent developments) and some general topics on finance.
|RBI Grade B Exam Pattern (Phase I)|
|Subjects||No. of Questions||Max. Marks||Duration|
|English Language||30||30||2 Hours|
|RBI Grade B Exam Pattern – Phase II|
|Name of Paper||Type of Paper||Time
- Last Date to apply for RBI Grade B Officers – May 23, 2017
- Admit Card availability – May end
- RBI Grade B Officers (Phase I) Exam Date – June 17, 2017
- RBI Grade B Officers (Phase I) Result Declaration – June 2017
- RBI Grade B Officers (Phase II) Exam Date – July 7, 2017
Visit www.rbi.org.in regularly to get all the important updates on the upcoming RBI Grade B Officers 2017 examination.