Achal Kumar Joti gets appointed as the next Chief Election Commissoner
- Achal Kumar Joti has been appointed as the new Chief Election Commissioner (CEC). He will take after Nasim Zaidi retires on July 6.
- He is expected to serve as the CEC until he turns 65 in January next year.
Jammu & Kashmir becomes the last state to implement GST
- Jammu & Kashmir becomes the last state to implement GST (Goods & Service Tax).
EPFO signs Agreement with five banks
- The Employees’ Provident Fund Organization (EPFO) has tied with 5 banks i.e four private banks and Bank of Baroda.
- This initiative has been taken in order to ensure proper collection of provident fund dues from the employers and payments to its subscribers.
Arunachal Pradesh launches e-Inner Line Permit Program
- A web portal ‘arunachalilp.com’ has been launched to help assist visitors to apply for and obtain mandatory ILP, online from anywhere in the country.
- The system is mobile responsive and hence the ILPs issued now will be paperless.
Industrial Investment and Employment policy 2017
- The Industrial Investment and Employment policy, 2017 to boost investments and employment opportunities in the state.
- The objective is to provide round-clock electricity also improvising the infrastructure.
AIIB approves Rs 3100 crore loan to build rural roads in Gujarat
- Asian Infrastructure Investment Bank (AIIB) approved a $329-million (over ₹3,100 crore) loan to build access roads across 4,000 villages in Gujarat.
- The project should lead to improved agricultural productivity, non-farm employment opportunities and rural income.
7 deals signed between India and Israel
- India and Israel signed a total of 7 agreements in various areas i.e agriculture, space cooperation.
- The two countries signed a MoU (Memorandum of Understanding).
Government has issued list of people who are exempted from Aadhaar – PAN linking
- The Income Tax department has released a list of people who are exempted from linking their Aadhaar card with the PAN for now, if they don’t have an Aadhaar or Aadhaar enrolment ID.
- The list includes all Non-Residential Indians (NRIs), citizens of foreign nations, individuals aged 80 years or more, and the residents of Assam, Meghalaya and Jammu & Kashmir.
New training program COMMIT launched
- A new training program launched called Comprehensive Online Modified Modules on Induction Training (COMMIT) has been launched.
- The programme has been discovered by the Union Ministry of Personnel, Public Grievances & Pension.
- The goal is to improvise the public service delivery mechanism and provide citizen centric administration through capacity building of officials who interact with the citizens on day-to-day basis.
Railways, NBCC ink MoU to develop 10 railway stations
- Rail Land Development has joined hands with National Building construction corporation for redevelopment of 10 railway stations across the country.
Environment ministry launches plantation drive to mark ‘Van Mahaotsav’
- The aim is to keep the local people involved in the plantation drives and spread plantation drive.
Prime Minister inaugurates Textiles India 2017
- Prime Minister Narendra Modi inaugurated Textiles India 2017.
- This will be India’s first ever mega textiles trade fair at Gujarat (Gandhinagar).
Union Government launches National Biopharma Mission
- The Union Ministry of Science and Technology launched “National Biopharma Mission”.
- Under this the ministry also launched Innovate in India (i3) program to create an enabling ecosystem to promote entrepreneurship and indigenous manufacturing in the sector.