India tops global index of countries
- India has topped in the Organization for Economic co-operation and Development’s (OECD) government at a Glance 2017 report.
- OECD’s Government at a Glance report represents an index of countries that trust their governments the most.
India’s first solar powered DEMU train gets launched
- The Indian Railways has launched India’s first solar powered diesel multiple unit (DEMU) train.
- The solar energy system fitted in the DEMU train would result in the saving of 5.25 lakh litres of diesel per train over a life time of 25 years.
Justice Gopal Prasad Parajuli appointed as the new chief Justice of Nepal
- Nepal’s active chief justice Gopal Prasad Parajuli has been appointed for the post of Nepal’s supreme court Chief Justice.
- Parajuli had practiced law for long and was appointed the Ad-Hoc Justice at the appellate court in 1990.
Haryana govt. to set up Haryana Smart Gram
- Haryana Smart Gram Development Authority’ (HSGDA) will basically would oversee the formulation and implementation of plans for converting villages into ‘smart grams’.
Vikramajit Sen gets appointed as the new Chairperson of BCCC
- Vikramajit Sen the former Supreme Court Judge, has been appointed as the new Chairperson of Broadcasting Content Complaints Council (BCCC) for 3 years.
Lilly Singh has been appointed as the new UNICEF’s Global Goodwill Ambassador
- Lilly Singh, an Indian-origin Canadian YouTube star, appointed as the new UNICEF’s Global Goodwill Ambassador.
- As the UNICEF ambassador Lilly will use her channel to showcase the organisation’s work and urge millions of her followers to work for children’s rights.
Nepal hosts the 2017 Everest International Model United Nations (EIMUN) Regional Conference
- The event is organised by the US Embassy in partnership with the Youth Thinker’s Society (YTS).
- The objective of the EIMUN was to provide a platform to young minds to channelize energy and resources for a more prosperous and peaceful world.
Bilal Dar appointed as the new brand ambassador of SMC
- Bilal Dar (18 year old ragpicker) appointed as the has been appointed the new brand ambassador of the Srinagar Municipal Corporation (SMC).
Mukesh Kumar Jain appointed the MD & CEO of Oriental Bank of Commerce
- Mukesh Kumar Jain has been appointed as the MD & CEO of Oriental Bank of Commerce (OBC) for 3 years.
- Earlier he was at the post of Executive Director at Punjab & Sind Bank.
Maharashtra becomes first Indian state to formulate a law to punish social boycott.
- The social boycott will be implemented for reasons such as religious rituals, inter-caste marriage, lifestyle, dress or vocation would also invite stringent punishment.