Current Affairs: 5 pillars to build self- reliant India
Prime Minister Narendra Modi addressed the nation on 12 May 2020 amidst the lockdown due to the COVID- 19 outbreak. In his speech, Modi talked about lockdown 4.0 to be different than the previous three lockdowns. Modi encouraged the citizens to buy and promote local products to help the Indian economy. Purchasing goods made in India will help the poor class like the street hawkers, daily wages workers and others to support themselves in a better way.
PM Modi announced a special economic package worth Rs 20 lakh crores for supporting people like farmers, labourers, honest taxpayers, MSME's and cottage industry.
In his appeal to make a self-reliant India and fight against coronavirus, Modi mentioned the 5 most important pillars that can help us do so.
- An economy that brings a quantum jump, not just incremental change
- An infrastructure that becomes the hallmark of modern India
- The cycle of demand and supply in our economy, the power that needs to be harnessed to its full potential
- Self-Reliant India with our vibrant demography as our strength and source of energy
- Technology-driven systems that fulfil the dreams of the 21st century, not the policy of the past century