Best books to refer for AFCAT 2019 Examination
Right preparation of AFCAT (Air Force Common Admission Test) is essential to score good marks and this is possible only when you choose the right study material. There are hundreds of AFCAT books available in the market, but not all of them cover the correct syllabus. The exam started in 2011 and since then there have been numerous changes in the type of questions asked and the exam pattern, which is not covered by all the AFCAT books. To ensure that you cover the syllabus effectively to perform well in the exam, you should choose only the best AFCAT books.
With just a few days left for the exam, you need the books that not just cover the syllabus but also help you practice AFCAT question paper to understand the exam pattern. To make it easier for you, we have made a list of the best books for AFCAT exam.
Before moving on to the list of books, you should first check the exam pattern and the syllabus. It helps you select the right books to strengthen your preparation and score well in the final exam.
AFCAT Exam Pattern
Candidates must be aware of the exam pattern as it helps them understand the type of questions asked, marking scheme, total exam duration, the total number of questions etc. Using this information, you can make an effective study plan and choose the right online AFCAT mock tests that follow the same pattern.
AFCAT 2019 Exam Pattern
- Number of questions - 100
- The total duration of the exam - 120 minutes
- Marking system - Every correct answer carries 3 marks while every incorrect answer will carry one negative mark
- Sections - The questions will be asked from General Awareness, Verbal Ability, Numerical Ability and Reasoning & Military Aptitude sections
- Type of questions - Multiple Choice Questions (MCQs)
We are suggesting you the AFCAT books that will train you in time management and will also help you get a better understanding of the exam pattern.
Here is the list of AFCAT 2019 books:
- SSB Interview: The Complete Guide by Dr N.K. Natrajan
- Manorama Yearbook for General Knowledge
- Quantitative Aptitude for Competitive Examinations Quantitative Aptitude for Competitive Examinations
- AFCAT Self Study Guide cum Practice Work by Kiran Publication
- The AFCAT Exam Guide 1st Edition for Flying and Technical Branch by R Gupta Publication
- AFCAT Previous Year Papers and Practice Test Papers
- AFCAT (Air Force Common Admission Test) by Arihant Publication
- AFCAT Flying & Technical Branch by Arihant
In addition to these books, you should also focus on solving online mock tests. The tests by reliable platforms like Eduwhere help you understand the exam pattern, work on your speed and form the exam day strategies by learning from your mistakes.
Remember that collecting a large number of books cannot ensure success in the exam. To achieve your goal of cracking AFCAT, you should choose only the best books and go through them thoroughly. Make an effective study plan and follow it.