How hard is it to crack IBPS SO Officer exam?
No doubt IBPS SO is a hard nut to crack; not just due to the difficulty level of the exam but also due to the high competition. For IBPS SO, around 3,00,000 candidates applied for 1599 vacancies, which shows a clear picture of the tough competition. This competition is expected to get tougher only due to limited vacancies for lakhs of applicants. But that doesn't mean you cannot crack the exam. To grab the role of a specialist officer by cracking IBPS, you need to work hard. Though it might sound difficult, but not impossible to clear IBPS SO 2019. With the right preparation plan, carefully selected study material and regular practice, you can achieve your goal.
In this blog, we will try to help you make the right IBPS SO preparation plan to crack the exam with good score. But before you kick-start your preparation, you must understand the exam pattern and syllabus.
IBPS SO Exam Pattern
Preparation of any entrance or competitive exam starts with a thorough understanding of the exam pattern. It helps you make an effective study plan and tweak it as per the requirements. As per the IBPS SO exam pattern, this exam is conducted in three phases: Preliminary, Mains and Interview. Candidates need to qualify in all three phases to getting selected as a Specialist Officer in any of the public sector banks. As per the changes in the exam pattern, to qualify for the final round, candidates need to score well in the Professional Language Subject.
IBPS SO Preliminary Exam Pattern
For the post of law officer & Rajsabha Adhikari
For other Specialist Officers (Agriculture Field Officer, Marketing Officer (Scale I), HR/Personnel Officer, IT Officer Scale I
IBPS SO 2019 Mains Exam Pattern
For the Post of Law Officer, IT Officer, Agriculture Field Officer, HR/Personnel Officer and Marketing Officer
For the Post of Rajbhasha Adhikari
IBPS SO Syllabus
IBPS SO exam syllabus for Prelims and Mains depends on the position you have applied for, which makes it more important for you to be aware of the exact syllabus. For instance, IBPS SO syllabus for the post of Raj Sabha Adhikari and law officer covers topics from Reasoning, English language and General Awareness with special focus on Banking in Prelims while for the post of Agriculture Field Officer, Marketing Officer, HR/Personnel Officer and IT Officer Scale, questions are asked from Reasoning, English Language and Quantitative Aptitude. Check the tables below for IBPS SO Prelims and Mains syllabus.
IBPS SO Prelims Syllabus
IBPS SO Mains Exam Syllabus 2019
In addition to the above-mentioned subjects, candidates also need to have Professional Knowledge in their area of expertise. The detailed syllabus is discussed below for Professional Knowledge section:
IBPS SO Study Plan
To clear the exam, there is a need for a concrete study plan along with a proper timetable. From the selection of the topics to the right time to study it, you need to plan everything. Also, you should include revision and mock tests in your study plan to utilize every minute wisely. Make a list of the topics you want to prepare every day and achieve your daily goals. If everything is done as per the plan, you can also treat yourself with a break, outing with friends or anything you like.
IBPS SO Revision Tips
- Solving previous year papers is the smartest way to prepare for IBPS PO as it will give you a clear understanding of the exam pattern.
- To get a strong command at English, start reading newspapers, magazines and books. You can also start watching English movies and shows to learn new words every day.
- Make your answering strategies for the final exam by solving as many mock tests as you can. Choose reliable platforms like Eduwhere that not just provide the tests but also the detailed performance analysis reports to help you understand your mistakes and work on them.
- Learn basic computer terms and terminologies to get strong command on computer knowledge section.
- Follow a systematic way to revise the syllabus before the final exam. Don't pick topics randomly as it will only increase your confusion.
- Choose the right study material to make the most of your time. Make sure you get only the best books and stay away from multiple study options. Even when you opt for online learning material, choose only the best platforms and stick to them.
- Solve section-wise online practice tests to understand how well prepared you are for each section.
- Don’t start any new topic in the last 45 days as it will create unnecessary pressure on you; rather, revise the important topics.
- If you are not attending any coaching classes for the exam preparation, download some helpful mobile apps to get your doubts cleared by the experts.
- It has been noticed that the question papers have difficult questions first followed by the easier ones later. So, you can experiment with a backward technique where you start attempting question from the last to perform better. It will also boost your confidence and save your time for the difficult questions.
Just remember, IBPS SO 2019 might be hard to crack, but not impossible. Follow the tips given here, stay confident and come out with flying colours.
300000 candidates appearing for 1599 posts doesn't mean that the exam is tough.. clearly shows the picture of job status in India..as there is no scope for any other govt job nowadays so people rush to even 1 post provided for any job