Preparation Tips & Tricks For SNAP Exam
If you are an MBA aspirant then you must already know that colleges that are affiliated to Symbiosis International Deemed University are among the most sought-after B-schools in India.
If you want to get into any of the top MBA colleges in India that belong to the Symbiosis group, then your target should be to first crack the SNAP (Symbiosis National Aptitude Test) entrance examination that is conducted by Symbiosis Pune, one of the top B-schools in the country.
To gear up, you can take various SNAP mock tests and practice exams online from reliable platforms like Eduwhere. And of course, some expert tips and tricks to help you prepare will ensure that you fetch fantastic results.
Now, let us start with getting familiar with SNAP and find out all about it.
For students belonging to general category - To take this examination, a candidate must hold a Bachelor’s Degree with not less than 50% marks overall.
In case of reserved category students, at least 45% marks overall are needed along with the Bachelor's Degree.
SNAP Exam Fees And Important Dates
SNAP exam fees is Rs 1750/- and the last date for applying is 23rd Nov 2019.
Get ready to sit for the examination as the examination date is quite near, 15th December 2019, save the date. You have less than one month and it is high time to start preparing smartly for the examination.
Preparing for SNAP
To start with, you have to have a very clear concept as regards the syllabus and the SNAP paper pattern. When you'll look at the pattern and the questions you will be able to fathom your weak points and plus points. You will find some topics are known to you while some will be new. Don't try to overburden your brain by taking in new information rather it is best to nurture your strong points so that you can score marks. At this point, wasting any time is not at all-wise.
SNAP exam pattern
SNAP has three sections such as -
- Quantitative Ability,
- Data Interpretation & Data Sufficiency,
- General English which consists of verbal ability
- Analytical & Logical Reasoning.
The exam duration is 2 hours and there will be 110 questions in total. The total marks allotted for the entire paper is 150. There can be at least five special questions from each section furthermore the mode of the test will be online. If you answer a question incorrectly then 25% of the mark or marks will be deducted for each incorrect answer.
Let us now look at the section-wise marks distribution to understand the pattern fully…
For every correct answer in the sections consisting of Data interpretation, data sufficiency, and quantitative analysis 1 mark will be given while in case of General English and Logical and analytical reasoning 1.5 marks will be given.
More preparation tips
Since you have very less time for SNAP 2019, make full use of this time with more and more SNAP mock tests online on Eduwhere. Time is important and you have to utilize each minute. You can’t afford to get confused at this point. You have to follow a time table religiously so as revise the topics that you have prepared. Dedicate at least one hour for each topic, if you can afford to spend more time on each topic, better for you.
A clear concept will certainly fetch you more marks so don't compromise on that. Make sure that you have a clear concept of each topic, yes; you might not know everything but ensure that whatever you know is strong and right. Just going through all the formulae won't help you. You have to solve difficult questions and have a thorough knowledge of the concepts that way you will be easily handling the trick questions that make quantitative and logical reasoning sections so damn difficult.
Books to prepare for each section
- SNAP exam preparation books are very important - you must prepare well for all the sections but pay more attention to the arithmetic and logical reasoning section since these sections are usually tougher than the general English section.
- For the Quantitative Ability section, you must know how to save time so practice calculating with the help of cubes, tables, squares, decimal and fractions, etc. Refer to books like Quantitative Aptitude by R.S. Aggarwal, TMH Publication’s How to Prepare for Quantitative Ability for CAT.
- For Data Interpretation & Data Sufficiency there plenty of well-known books like Arun Sharma’s How to prepare for Data Interpretation for CAT and more.
- For General English section you can follow daily newspapers, ready good journals to increase your vocabulary. There are some great books for practice too, like Verbal Ability and Reading Comprehension for CAT by Arun Sharma and Meenakshi Upadhyay, Target SNAP (English) by Disha Publications exclusively designed for SNAP candidates, Barron’s Pocket Guide to Vocabulary and more.
- For Analytical & Logical Reasoning section there are many well-known books available in the market such as RS Aggrawals’ Verbal and Non-Verbal Reasoning Book, Arun Sharma’s How to Prepare for Logical Reasoning for CAT, Logical Reasoning book by Arihant Publication and others.
For the section of analytical and logical reasoning, you have to target at least 20 questions and try to answer those questions correctly. Remember you have very less time and you must answer as many questions as possible so try to answer 20 plus or at least 20 questions within 30 minutes which means you are getting 1.5 minutes to answer each question. In case of the Verbal Ability or General English section, try to answer at least 30 questions in 30 minutes and for the section consisting of quantitative ability, data interpretation and data sufficiency you can take up to 40 minutes and in these 40 minutes you have to at least attempt 24 to 28 questions.
On the day of the actual examination don’t get nervous just remember that no matter how many questions you are attempting your answers must be right so don’t waste time on questions that are simply confusing you, rather, attempt those that are straight forward and you are strong at. Time is a constraint in these kinds of entrance examinations for you must answer as many questions as possible in a limited amount of time.
The right study materials will help you immensely in this regard, but don’t forget to take as many mock test series, practice tests, from trustworthy platforms like Eduwhere as they say “practice makes a man perfect”.
So here’s wishing you the very best!!