Everything you need to know about NEET 2020
The National Eligibility cum Entrance Test(NEET) is conducted by the National Testing Agency (NTA) every year for courses such as MBBS and BDS. Almost 14 lakh candidates all over the nation are expected to appear for the NEET 2020 examination which will be conducted on 3 May 2020. The official admission for NEET 2020 was released on 2 December 2019. Candidates prepare for this examination with dedication and compete for the limited number of seats available in the medical colleges.
NEET 2020 Important Details
|Exam Name||National Eligibility Cum Entrance Test|
|Conducting Body||National Testing Agency|
|NEET Exam Date||3 May 2020|
|Subjects||Physics, Chemistry & Biology|
|Languages available for taking the test
||English, Hindi, Marathi, Bengali, Gujarati, Tamil, Telugu, Kannada, Oriya, Assamese
NEET 2020 Examination Important Dates
Take a look at all the important dates for the examination.
|Release of NEET application form||2 December 2019|
|Last Date of Registration||31 December 2019|
|NEET Admit Card Download||27 March 2020|
|NEET 2020 Exam Date||3 May 2020|
|NEET 2020 Results||4 June 2020|
NEET 2020 Eligibility
All the attempting candidates should be aware of the eligibility criteria including age and qualification.
- Any candidate with Indian Nationality, Foreign Nationals, NRI, PIO, and OCI are eligible to apply.
- The candidate must be at least 17 years of age on 31 December 2020.
- The candidate should have a minimum qualification of Class 12 or equivalent with Physics, Chemistry, Biology, and English as main subjects.
- The maximum number of attempts is not mentioned.
NEET 2020 Examination Pattern
The candidates appearing for NEET 2020 are expected to have thorough knowledge regarding the examination pattern. Understanding the examination pattern is essential to crack this entrance examination to get into the world of medical studies.
- The examination will be conducted for 3 hours with 180 questions.
- 3 sections viz. Physics, Chemistry, and Biology will be included.
- 4 marks will be awarded for a correct answer whereas 1 mark will be deducted for every incorrect answer.
- Total marks for the test will be 720.
- 45 questions in Physics, 45 questions in Chemistry, 90 questions in Biology section will be included.
Important Documents for NEET 2020 examination application
- Passport size photograph with name and date printed below the photograph.
- The photograph must not be older than 3 months with 10 Kb to 100 Kb size in JPG/ JPEG format.
- Scanned signature of candidate with black ink on white background(3 Kb to 20 Kb JPG/ JPEG)
- Scanned copy of class X passing certificate (100 Kb to 300 Kb JPG/ JPEG)
- It’s good to have an identity proof like Aadhar Card.
NEET 2020 Syllabus
For the NEET examination, the candidates have to be prepared not just with the syllabus from 12th class but also the 11th class.
With all the details mentioned in this article, all the aspirants should now start enrolling and prepare well for the D-day as they have ample time with them. Preparing at online test-taking platforms like Eduwhere can be helpful to compete with the participating candidates throughout the country before the examination and work on the loopholes.