How to prepare for IBPS clerk exam at home?
The Institute of Banking Personnel Selection (IBPS) conducts the IBPS Clerk exam every year for all banks except for SBI and its associate banks. As the exam is conducted for vacancies at all India level, there is a huge competition. To crack the IBPS clerk exam, candidates need to be well-versed with the exam pattern and the syllabus as it will help them make an effective preparation plan.
IBPS Clerk exam is conducted in two stages: Prelims and Mains. You need to meet the minimum cut-off in Prelims to qualify for Mains. But we suggest that instead of just focusing on the minimum cut-off you should prepare to be a winner in one of the most competitive and ambitious banking exams in the country. If you have a strategic and thoughtfully designed preparation plan as per the IBPS Clerk exam pattern and syllabus, you can definitely crack the exam.
Well, even if you haven't made any plans yet, you need not worry. Just check the tips given here to help you understand how to prepare for IBPS Clerk exam from home and get ready to win the battle.
How to prepare for IBPS clerk exam at home?
Without wasting any time, let’s come to the point and look at the tips to prepare for IBPS clerk exam at home. As the exam is conducted in two stages, we have provided different tips to prepare for both the phases.
As the IBPS Clerk exam pattern has been changed from 2017, it's important you formulate your preparation plan only after checking the new pattern. IBPS Clerk Prelims has three sections having 100 questions to solve which candidates get 60 minutes. Candidates need to meet both the sectional cut-off as well as an overall cut-off to crack Prelims.
IBPS clerk exam pattern
IBPS clerk 2019 syllabus and section-wise preparation tips
As per the syllabus of IBPS Clerk 2019 exam, there will be questions from English Language, Numerical Ability and Reasoning Ability. As every section is equally important, you need to pay equal attention to each to meet the sectional cut-off.
IBPS Clerk Syllabus and Preparation Tips for the English Language
As the objective of this section is to check your basic knowledge of the English language, you need to work on your vocabulary and basic grammar.
- Basic English grammar
- Spotting errors
- Cloze test
- Fill in the gaps
Preparation Tips for English Language:
- Read newspapers and magazines every day
- Keep a diary or notepad with you to jot down new words
- Work on your basic grammar rules
- Solve mock tests, previous year papers and practise questions regularly
IBPS Clerk Syllabus and Preparation Tips for Reasoning Ability
This is the trickiest and the most difficult section. You need to give more time to this section to score well.
- Seating arrangement
- Mathematical Inequalities
- Blood relations
- Arrangement and Pattern
- Direction and Distance
- Ordering and ranking
Preparation Tips for Reasoning Ability:
- Understand the logic behind every topic
- Pick any three topics and solve at least 20 questions every day
- Pay special attention to analytical reasoning than logical reasoning
- Practice daily quizzes
IBPS Clerk Syllabus and Preparation Tips for Numerical Ability
Application of a number of formulas makes this section the most difficult one IBPS Clerk exam. The only way to score well here is regular practice and knowledge of formulas by heart.
- Data Interpretation
- Quadratic Equations
- Number Series
- Profit & Loss and
- Time & Work
- Ratio and Proportion
- Data Sufficiency
- Mixture Problems
- Make notes of all formulas and remember them by heart
- Master the application of formula by solving mock tests
- Learn shortcuts and tricks to quickly and accurately solve the problems
- Spend more time on the revision of topics that you find difficult or get stuck at while solving tests
IBPS Clerk Exam Preparation Tips for Mains Exam
Like Prelims, for IBPS Mains also you need to check the exam pattern to make an effective study plan. Three sections including English, Reasoning ability and Numerical ability are the same in both the phases. The main exam has two additional sections including Computer Aptitude and General Awareness. As per the exam pattern of IBPS Clerk Mains, there is will be 190 questions of 200 marks to solve which you will get 160 minutes.
IBPS Clerk Mains Exam Pattern
IBPS Clerk Main Syllabus
As the topics are almost similar for three sections in both Prelims and Main, here we will cover only the additional sections.
IBPS Clerk Syllabus and Preparation Tips for Computer Aptitude
Though the Computer Aptitude will be a part of the Reasoning Ability section, we have provided separate tips for this section. This Computer Aptitude section, the objective is to check your basic knowledge of computer hardware and software.
1. Internet and Email
3. Operating system
4. Microsoft applications
5. Keyboard shortcuts
- Learn keyboard shortcuts to quickly answer questions
- Work on learning history and general questions on computers
- Work on basic knowledge of topics such as MS Office and computer memory
IBPS Clerk Syllabus and Preparation Tips for General Awareness
General and Financial Awareness is a less time-consuming and high-scoring section to prepare which you don't need to spend a lot of time. You just need to remember dates and important information to correctly mark the answers.
- Banking news, current rates, banking rules and regulations and KYC
- Current economic plans and policies
- Finance and budget
- Stay updated with the current affairs by reading newspapers daily
- Work on your static GK
- Download mobile apps like InShorts to stay updated with the current affairs
- Make notes of important events
General IBPS Clerk Exam Preparation Tips
- As there is limited time to solve 100 questions, focus on time-management
- Regularly revise what you have learnt
- Solve as many practice tests as you can
- Solve mock tests in a time-bound manner to improve your speed
- Pay attention to your mistakes and try to correct them by going through the performance analysis reports provided after the mock tests
IBPS clerk exam preparation material
Selection of the right study material is essential to prepare well and score high in IBPS Clerk exam. And this exam preparation material is not limited to the books you choose; it also includes the practise tests and quizzes you solve. Search for the best online resources like Eduwhere to get the questions papers, mock tests and additional study material as per the latest exam pattern of IBPS Clerk exam.
IBPS clerk exam papers
To ensure that candidates get enough study material and practice to strengthen their concepts, Eduwhere provides mock tests prepared by experienced faculty. You can solve free online mock tests as well as section tests. To help candidates understand their weaknesses and work on the same, Eduwhere also provides analysis reports and detailed solutions.
So, what are you waiting for? Start your IBPS Clerk exam preparation from home today with an effective study plan, right study material, and practice tests.