Important Questions Asked For SBI PO Examination
After Prelim and Mains exams, the interview is the next most crucial part of SBI PO recruitment process. To ensure the final selection, along with the written test, the candidates also need to clear the personal interview round. In this round, the interview panel tries to understand your intellect as they are well versed with your knowledge based on your performance in the written test. The personal interview is a way to check aspirant's traits, capabilities, potential, personality and decision-making skills. Looking at the importance of this round, candidates do not take the risk of going unprepared. From the dressing code to the required documents and the type of questions asked in the interview, it becomes mandatory to prepare well for everything. After all, coming from the Prelims and Mains with the dedication and hard work should not go in vain at this significant and final step.
To help you get ready for SBI PO 2019, we have compiled a list of commonly asked questions in the interview. However, this is not the final list that anyone should rely on. The questions might vary, but at least, it will give you an idea of the type of questions asked from different sections like banking, general awareness etc.
SBI PO Interview Questions
Basically, SBI PO interview questions are divided into four parts. Candidates need to be well prepared for each section to pave their way for the final selection. Four parts covered in SBI PO interview round include:
- Personal questions
- Career-related questions
- General Awareness
- Banking related questions
To ensure that you successfully clear the interview, you need to pay equal attention to all the parts.
As the name suggests, in this section, the interviewer aims at understanding you as a person. They focus on getting an idea of a candidate's personality and ask personal questions related to their interests, hobbies, likes, dislikes, family etc. Usually, the next question in this section depends on your answer. For instance, if you say you like reading books, the next question might be names of books, their writers, storyline, your favourite book etc.
Common personal questions in SBI PO exam
- What are your hobbies?
- What are your strengths and weaknesses?
- What makes you different or better than other candidates?
- Which newspaper do you read?
- Why didn’t you opt for medical in class 11?
How to answer: Don’t try to be over smart as you can get trapped in your own answers. Try to give witty and simple answer rather than weaving any stories as the next question most probably will depend on your answer.
The interview panel tries to know you aspirants and ambition by asking career-related questions. It also gives them a glimpse of your past jobs (if you have done any). They also check your dedication towards your job by asking career-related questions.
Common career-related questions in SBI PO exam:
- Where do you see yourself after five years?
- Why do you want to join the banking industry?
- How are your strengths?
- How will you contribute to the bank and the country’s development?
- What is more important for your – job security or excellent package?
- If your junior is elder to you, how will you make them work for you?
- Why do you want to make a career in banking after completing your graduation in engineering?
How to answer: Try to be as honest as you can. Be clear about your career aspirations; talk about your strengths and previous achievements to show your competence.
Banking related questions
As SBI PO is banking exam, asking financial and banking associated questions is not a surprise. This is the most essential part of the whole interview process as based on your answers, they decide your banking and financial knowledge.
Common banking questions in SBI PO exam:
- Do you know about any book called Basic Banking?
- What are the types of deposits in Bank?
- What is financial inclusion?
- Name the banks which are in loss and which are in profit?
- Explain CIBIL?
- What is NPA?
- What is the tag line of SBI?
How to answer: Knowing the answer to every question is not important, but ensure that whatever you speak, you are confident about it. Saying no for a question is better than giving the wrong answer and leaving a negative impact. Recall the information from the SBI books and other banking books you read and answer with full confidence.
This part mostly has general knowledge related questions. This helps interviews understand how updated you are with the things happening around you. One can expect random questions ranging from India's freedom movement to the Indian political system, terrorist attacks, relations with neighbouring countries etc.
Common GK questions in SBI PO exam
- Is India ready for Smart cities?
- What is the latest news?
- What is the tenure of Lok Sabha members?
- What is the Indian constitution?
- Surgical strike by the Army - What is your opinion about it?
How to answer: You can perform well in this section, only if you stay updated with the facts and things happening around you. Read newspapers and GK books for banking exams.
Tips to answer questions in SBI PO interview round:
- Always wear a smile on your face
- Be prepared with all the details about yourself and your family
- Stay updated with the latest news
- Go through banking books
- Practice mock interviews with friends or family members
- Create your own list of questions and practice to answer them
- Sit in front of the mirror and practice answering questions to gain confidence
Along with the questions, you should also be careful with other important things required on the interview day. Here are some points to keep in the mind:
- Reach the interview venue before time
- Be well-dressed (choose formal outfit)
- Carry all the documents for verification
Wish you all the best for your success in SBI PO!