How to deal with the CLAT Logical Reasoning section?
Logical Reasoning is a very crucial section of the CLAT Exam 2020. This section tests the reasoning and understanding ability of the candidates. This section can be considered as one of the easiest section of the exam and can be a score booster. To score well in this section, one needs to practice this section well as there is no factual context provided. The candidates have to find out the factual context from the given passage.
Logical Reasoning section can also be a time-saving section of CLAT Exam 2020. It is believed that a candidate can answer this section in about 25 minutes only. Through this section, analysis of candidates’ logical foundation of a given argument, situation, and axioms defining the statement is whether true or false can be done. Some of the Logical Reasoning Important topics are as follows:
- Seating Arrangement
- Logical Sequences
- Number Test
- Verbal Reasoning
- Family/ Blood Relation
- Ranking & Order
- Statement Conclusion/ Assumption
- Data Interpretation
- Inference based question
These are a few important topics, candidates shouldn’t restrict their preparation merely to these topics. Candidates can widen their range of topics while preparing for this section for the section Logical Reasoning CLAT 2020.
The logical reasoning section of CLAT comprises of several short passages of around 300 words. These passages are the argument or information that form the basis of answering the questions. At times there are two arguments if two people are presented as speakers. To tackle the Logical Reasoning CLAT 2020 effortlessly and effectively follow the following steps:
- Read the questions first and then read the passage. This gives you a purpose behind reading the passage. Many students end up reading the passage again after reading the question.
- Breaking the passage into conclusion and supports makes it easy for many questions. For some questions, it's useful to piece the claims together. Some questions hints you to jump to the passage’s conclusion. Thus, read and identify the arguments along with its subsequent premises and conclusions.
- Determine the patterns of reasoning critically and assess how conclusions may vary with a particular premise or evidence.
- Apply from the solutions from the passage to fresh situations.
- Draw analogies and relationships, identify contradictions and equivalence and assess the effectiveness of arguments.
Thus, the passage plays a huge role in the logical reasoning section and should be attempted as mentioned above.
STUDY MATERIAL FOR LOGICAL REASONING CLAT 2020
To score well, one needs to refer good study material while preparing for the entrance exam. For CLAT Exam 2020, the following books should be referred to as study material.
- A Modern Approach To Logical Reasoning by R S Aggarwal
- Analytical Reasoning by M K Pandey
Candidates may refer to any good Logical Reasoning book. One must refer only one good book instead of creating confusion by using multiple books.
Besides referring books, candidates should solve previous years’ papers. Solving these papers can help candidates determine the type of questions asked and their difficulty level.
Candidates should also attempt mock tests available online. Eduwhere presents Eduwhere Edge Pass through which candidates can take up mock tests online CLAT Exam at the rate of Rs 99 for 1 month and Rs 199 for 3 months.
SHORTCUT METHODS FOR PREPARATION
Logical Reasoning CLAT 2020 section can be solved faster using the shortcut methods devised for a particular topic. Not every topic will have a shortcut method, but those that have should be understood properly. The shortcuts can help you finish the section in less time.
Candidates can learn about these shortcuts along with other easy techniques mentioned in the books. Candidates should not merely depend on these methods as they have their drawbacks.
Thus, study smartly yet wisely to excel in the CLAT Exam 2020.