How to save time while attempting MHT CET 2020 examination
MHT CET 2020 – Maharashtra Common Entrance Test 2020 is a state-level engineering entrance exam conducted by Maharashtra State Common Entrance Cell, Mumbai. It was scheduled to be conducted in the month of April on the dates 13th to 17th (excluding 14th) and 20th to 23rd. However, due to the COVID- 19 outbreak, the exam is postponed until further notice.
It is an online entrance examination conducted for admission to B.E/B.Tech courses offered by 342 institutes across Maharashtra. Lakhs of candidates appear for MHT CET Exam every year. But it’s only a few who crack the exam with flying colours. Here are a few guidelines that may help you crack the exam with an outstanding performance.
MHT CET EXAM PATTERN
The first and foremost parameter that needs to be run over by the students appearing for MHT CET examination is the exam pattern. A better understanding of the pattern will help you in analyze and allot time for each section. The MHT CET Exam Pattern is as follows:
There is no negative marking for wrong answers.
MHT CET Exam syllabus is yet another important factor after exam pattern in deciding the time allocation for each question. As per the latest MHT CET notice, the questions in the examination will be application-based. The syllabus of the exam will be based on State Board of Secondary and Higher Secondary education. In the examination, 20% weightage will be given to standard XI curriculum and 80% weightage will be given to standard XII curriculum Students seeking admission in Engineering shall opt for PCM (Physics – Chemistry – Mathematics) and those seeking admission in Pharmacy or other health science courses shall opt for PCB (Physics – Chemistry – Biology). Following is the standard wise MHT CET 2020 examination syllabus.
MHT CET IMPORTANT TOPICS
The MHT CET 2020 exam has a huge syllabus which makes it impossible for students to have a thorough knowledge of each topic. Thus, to make it easier we have evaluated and prepared a list of a few important topics. Students should not miss preparing these topics and should have a thorough knowledge of it.
- Chemical Thermodynamics and Energetics
- Coordination Compounds
- p-Block elements
- d-Block and f-Block elements
- Alcohol Phenol Ether
- Organic Compounds containing Nitrogen
- Solid State
- Chemical Kinetics
- Solutions and Colligative Properties
- Kinetic Theory of Gases and radiation
- Atoms, Molecules and Nuclei
- Rotational Motion
- Electromagnetic Induction
- Magnetic Effects of Current
- Wave Motion
- Three Dimensional Geometry
- Probability, Limits, Continuity and Differentiability
MHT CET STUDY MATERIAL
Maharashtra Board has recommended a few books that shall cover the syllabus of MHT CET examination. These books should be given first preference while preparing for the examination. Having referred the mentioned books, students may then shift to reference books as suggested by their seniors or mentors for further knowledge. The list of prescribed books for MHT CET 2020 is as follows:
After completely referring to the above-mentioned books, students should evaluate themselves by taking the test online. Eduwhere gives it’s students an opportunity to take up MHT CET 2020 Mock test online by enrolling for Eduwhere Edge pass.
MHT CET PREPARATIONAL TIPS
- Start preparing as early as possible. Experts advise starting preparation from the very first day of STD XI
- Pay proper attention in class. This will lessen your load at home.
- Choose your MHT CET study material wisely. Books with higher level may end up in confusing you.
- Study each topic thoroughly. Understand the topic instead of mugging up. Better understanding lasts longer.
- Try to cover more number of topics. The more you know the more you can answer.
- Timely evaluation is necessary. Don’t wait for the completion of the syllabus in order to take up the mock test. Testing yourself regularly will help you understand how well is your understanding of the topics studied.
- After completing the two or three chapters, revise the topics again and again so that you don’t lose hold of the completed topics.
- Don’t forget the must do-topics. If you find it difficult to understand take help of your seniors or your teachers and make sure you know these topics in and out.
- Divide the topics of MHT CET Exam syllabus according to your convenience – subject wise, topic wise or marks wise. This will help in fast and easy preparation.
MHT CET EXAM TIPS
- Read the question slowly and properly. Rapidness in understanding will only give you a bad result.
- Don’t waste extra time on any one question. If any question puzzles you, leave it at the moment and move to the next one. Once you have answered all known questions and you have time then come back to the unanswered ones.
- Make sure you clear the sectional cut-off. Keep the track of the confidently answered questions of each section. This will help you analyze your position and the marks you need to clear sectional cut-off
- If in your MHT CET Exam, any section appears difficult then expected then try and answer the number of question that will help you overcome the sectional cut-off. Rest you can work on later once you have finished answering the known questions in the paper.
- Avoid using any shortcut methods that may have been shared to you by your peers but you are not confident about.
- Avoid guessing answers while going through the question paper for the first time. For the first time, you should answer only those questions that you are sure of.
MHT CET exam is your gateway to the future. Make sure you prepare well. Take timely evaluation test on eduwhere.in by subscribing for Eduwhere Edge pass for 3 months at Rs 199. The constant evaluation will help you identify your weak areas and help you strengthen them.
Your performance in this exam will decide where and with whom will you spend the next 4 years of your life.