How to save time while attempting VITEEE 2020
As the exam season is on the verge, a major question is bound to arise in the minds of all engineering aspirants - how to ace the VITEEE exam 2020? VITEEE is the abbreviation of the Vellore Institute of Technology Engineering Entrance Exam. As the name suggests, it is the entrance test for the prestigious VIT.
What is the VITEEE exam pattern?
The VITEEE exam is conducted in a duration of 2 hours and 30 minutes. However, instead of conducting the entire exam in one sitting, the sections per day are divided. The five sections of the exam are as follows -
- Mathematics/ Biology
The total number of questions in the exam is 125, with a specific number of marks allotted to each section. This allotment is as follows -
- 35 marks - Physics
- 35 marks - Chemistry
- 40 marks – Mathematics or 40 marks - Biology
- 10 marks - Aptitude
- 5 marks - English
This means that under both circumstances, the candidate has to attempt 125 questions. It is important to note that there is no negative marking for any incorrect answer. Therefore, you must strive to attempt each and every question possible.
What is the VITEEE syllabus for 2020?
The subject wise syllabus for VITEEE is as under: -
- Laws of motion & work, energy, and power
- Properties of matter
- Current electricity
- Magnetic effects of electric current
- Electromagnetic induction
- Dual nature of radiation and atomic physics
- Semiconductor devices & applications
- Trigonometry and complex numbers
- Vector algebra
- Differential equations
- Differential calculus
- Integral calculus
- Probability distributions
- Analytical geometry of two dimensions
- Analytical geometry of three dimensions
- Cell and molecular structure
- Genetics and evolution
- Human health and diseases
- Biotechnology and its applications
- Human physiology
- Plant physiology
- Biodiversity, ecology, and environment
- Atomic structure
- P, D and F block elements
- Alcohol and ethers
- Carbonyl compounds
- Organic nitrogen compounds
- Carboxylic acids and their derivatives
- Isomerism in organic compounds
- Data interpretation
- Data sufficiency
- Number series
- Coding and decoding
- Clocks and directions
- Reading comprehension
Why is time management necessary?
A large portion of one's performance in any exam depends upon his preparation before the exam and time allotment while writing the exam. Likewise, The time management skills of any candidate are crucial while attempting the VITEEE exam. That's why you must focus on the time allotment for each section of the question paper and see to it that each section is completed in due time so that there are no chances of missing any portion. Moreover, if you maintain a stable speed and follow optimal time limits, you will be on the safer side due to the low frequency of mistakes occurring.
What are the tips to crack VITEEE 2020?
Some exam related tips can be adopted, which can come to great help. They're as mentioned below -
- Arguably, the most important step you must take before beginning with the exam is to read the question paper thoroughly and make an estimate of the level of difficulty in each section.
- After doing this, you must allot certain specific time frames to each section and begin with the questions you feel the most confident about. The time allotment to each section should be done on the basis of your own convenience rather than following a particular format or general time frame.
- Always and always ensure that you do not exceed the time limit. If this happens, you might end up wasting a lot of unnecessary time after a particular set of questions, which will cause you to lose marks in the questions you know.
- Accuracy in the answers is paramount. You must write the answers straight to the point without any misleading statements. Also, clarity of handwriting and neatness in the answer sheet is very important because if you don't maintain these, there are high chances that your marks will get reduced as the examiner might not be able to read what you have exactly written.
Other general tips can help in creating a better strategy for the question paper and improving performance in the exam such as -
- Practice as much as you can! There is no substitute to practice when it comes to exams. This is especially applicable to those who have opted for mathematics as sums can never be mugged up. You must solve a variety of sums of each kind instead of a large number of sums of the same pattern. This way, you can cover a much larger portion of your syllabus within a lesser amount of time.
- Make use of the previous year's question papers and write mock tests to enhance the overall paper writing skills. Thoroughly analyze the question paper in terms of difficulty, sections, important topics, weightage of each question, and others.
- Always make sure that you write the mock test in the same time frame as in which the actual exam is to be conducted. This way, your body can adjust to the biological clock in a natural way, and you would have an added benefit in the exam.
- While preparing for the exam, your prime focus should be on the areas where you are not comfortable. When it comes to those sections, you must try to improve gradually and ensure that you do not get stuck in the same as it would lead nowhere and even cause harm to the preparation of the stronger sections.
Which colleges can you apply to after VITEEE?
Contrary to general belief, the number of VITEEE colleges is not limited to just one institute. Various colleges accept the VITEEE exam, and they are as stated below -
- Vellore Institute of Technology, Chennai for B.Tech in computer science and engineering
- VIT University, Chennai for B.Tech in computer science and engineering
- VIT University, Bhopal for B.Tech in aerospace engineering
- VIT - AP University, Amravati for B.Tech in computer science and engineering
If you wish to undertake VITEEE online preparation, the EduWhere Edge Pass can come to your rescue. You can find not only a variety of mock tests but also important information regarding the VITEEE exam, which you might not have been aware of earlier. Another advantage of the EduWhere Edge is that you can gain access to multiple courses and exam preparation through just one subscription. This way, if you wish to appear for more than one exam, you do not need to buy mock test papers for each of them separately. The subscriptions can be bought for either a one-month duration or a three-month duration at Rs.99 and Rs.199 each, respectively. This way, you can prepare for the exams as per your own pace and the amount of time you have before the exam.