Life of an SBI PO after recruitment
Life of a bank officer is expected to be a bit hassle-free and smooth which is one of the reasons behind the huge competition in different banking exams like SBI PO, IBPS etc. State Bank of India (SBI), being one of the oldest and largest banks in India, attracts the highest number of applications for the vacancy of probationary officers.
As the notification for the exam is released, aspirants start preparing for the exam and the interview round. But they forget to check other details like the life of an SBI PO after recruitment, growth, challenges etc. With SBI PO 2019 just a few days away, you must have already prepared for the Prelims and Mains. Even if you are giving your preparations the final touch, this is the right time to know about the life of an SBI officer after recruitment. So, in this article, we will help you understand the life of a probationary officer in SBI.
Before that, here are some tips for SBI Prelims:
After you crack the exam and clear the interview round, you will be given the appointment letter, which is the beginning of your journey as an SBI PO. The life at bank starts with training where you will get 2-year branch posting as scale 1. Seniors will train you in different departments including personal banking, government section, SME, currency chest, pension department, clearing house and NRI business, among others. Along with the departments, location of the trainee is also changed during these years. So, you might get two transfers in two years of training.
Confirmation cum promotion test
On completing your training, you will have to appear for a confirmation cum promotion test. You need to clear this test with 60% marks to get a direct scale 2 promotion. SBI PO online mock tests can help you prepare for this exam as these give you an idea of the questions asked in the test.
Post of Assistant Manager
After successfully completing the 2-year probation period, you will get the post of Assistant Manager in any of the branches. Responsibilities of this role are general banking and bank administration. However, looking at the constantly changing consumer behaviour, now SBI PO officer is also expected to have excellent communication and problem-solving skills.
Responsibilities of an SBI PO
• Completing all the pending work is the major responsibility during the probation period of two years. Not just one bank, you can also be transferred to other branches for the same task.
• Any routine work like scrolling, posting and account preparation can be given to you during training in order to help you acquire practical knowledge in finance, accounting, billing, investment and marketing.
• As an Assistant Manager, your responsibilities will increase further and you will get targets to grow the bank business. Managing cash, loans, mortgages and finances are some of the common responsibilities as an AM.
• Based on your performance, knowledge and past records, you can further be assigned more responsibilities including planning, budgeting, marketing, loan approval and processing and investment management, to name a few.
• Verifying all the tasks accomplished by the bank clerk is another major duty of an SBI PO officer.
Perks and Allowances of SBI PO
Perks and allowances are the major attractions of banking jobs. There are numerous benefits of SBI PO post like eligibility for Dearness Allowance, House Rent Allowance, Travel Allowance, Medical Aid, City Compensatory Allowance and Furniture Allowance. In addition to this, probationary officers also get concessional interest on the house loan, personal loan and car loan.
As you can see, there is a lot of hard work involved in SBI PO job, still, it is considered a better option than private jobs in IT companies. Travel, all the employee benefits, work-life balance and learning are some of the benefits that still make bank PO job an attractive choice. Though you might come across many rumours also like life as bank PO officer is hell due to extreme pressure and high targets, never believe everything without analysing the situation yourself.
You can get this life only when you successfully clear SBI PO 2019 exam. Clearing all three stages of the exam requires a strong determination and good preparation. To ensure that you are well prepared for the exam, complete your syllabus in time, revise regularly and solve SBI online mock tests. Don't just dream of an SBI PO's life. Make efforts to realize this dream and achieve your goal.
Wish you a happy life as an SBI PO!