NEET 2020 Rank Predictions and Cutoff Analysis
NEET or National Eligibility Cum Entrance Test (UG) is conducted by the National Testing Agency (NTA) for admission to MBBS and BDS programmes in India. Admissions to AIIMS and JIPMER as well as abroad, AYUSH courses available in the country and Veterinary and other undergraduate medical courses in the country are done through this exam.
Eligibility criteria for exam participants are 10+2 or equivalent with PCB (Physics, Chemistry & Biology) and English as core subjects from a recognized board. Students with biology or biotechnology as additional subjects can also participate in this examination. For more details on NEET UG visit the site ntaneet.nic.in.
NEET will be conducted on 3rd May 2020. According to the NTA data, a total of 15,93,452 candidates have registered for the NEET 2020. Thus, more than 21 candidates will compete for one MBBS seat. There is a sharp 15% increase in the registration of candidates compared to last year. To combat this rise in competition, get yourself an Eduwhere edge pass which will be your key to constant evaluation by giving mock tests on Eduwhere.in.
NEET 2020 CUTOFF
NEET 2020 cutoff will be declared by NTA in June 2020. The cutoff for general category candidates is 50th whereas for SC/ST/OBC aspirants will be 40th. Those planning to pursue MBBS/BDS abroad must pass NEET UG and secure NEET Cutoff percentile and scores for eligibility to admission.
The cutoff percentile for various categories is tabulated below:
The factors determining the cutoff are:
- Number of Candidates appearing for the exam
- Complexity of Exam
- No of Seats Available
NEET Cutoff percentile will thus be based on the highest score obtained by the student for admission to MBBS/BDS course. For example, NEET 2020 Cutoff percentile for open category implies that students must score 50% more than the other applicants from the same category.
In 2019, a total of 14,10,755 appeared for the NEET UG examination out of which only 7,97,042 candidates managed to qualify by securing equal to or more than the cutoff qualifying percentile. Last year’s NEET Cutoff marks range was 701-134 equivalent to 50th percentile for general category and 133-107 equivalent to 40th percentile for reserved category.
Below is the category wise cutoff scores for last year.
REVISION IN NEET 2020 CUTOFF
In consultation with the Medical Council of India (MCI) and Dental Council of India (DCI), the central government might lower NEET 2020 minimum qualifying percentile for allotment of MBBS/BDS seats in India for candidates from respective categories. They are in favour of taking the above-mentioned step because the sufficient number of aspirants from various categories fail to secure minimum qualifying percentile.
In 2019, NEET Cutoff for BDS was lowered by 10.00 percentile. The lowered cutoff percentile and scores for last year is as tabulated below.
NEET 2020 TIE BREAKING PROCESS
The tie-breaking criteria apply if two candidates have scored equal cut off qualifying scores. NEET uses the following criteria for Tie-Breaking the scores
- Out of the two, who have obtained higher marks in Biology Section of NEET 2020 will be placed first in the merit list.
- If both the candidates have an equal score in Biology, then whoever has scored more in Chemistry will be placed first in the merit list.
- If there is still a tie, then the student with less number of incorrect attempted questions will be placed first in the merit list.
- Lastly, if the tie still exists, then one who is elder will be placed first in the merit list.
The NEET Cutoff is considered for admission to the following UG medical seats:
- 15% All India Quota (AIQ) seats
- 85% State Quota seats
- Deemed and Central universities
- ESIC and AFMS
- Private institutes
To gain admission in 15% All India Quota seats, one must obtain the cutoff qualifying score as specified by NTA on ntaneet.nic.in.
NEET CUTOFF FOR TOP MEDICAL INSTITUTES
To get an overall idea of the cutoff score of some well-known institutes of India, students can refer the cut off scores of 2019 for those institutes as mentioned below.
MBBS DEEMED UNIVERSITIES CUTOFF
BDS DEEMED UNIVERSITIES CUTOFF
After allocation of 15% AIQ, the remaining 85% state quota seats shall be allocated by respective state counsels based on NEET scores. The NEET Cutoff for 85% state quota seats will be released by state authorities after the completion of AIQ admission procedure.
Thus, NEET 2020 is going to be a tough competition. With only a few days in hand, get yourself an Eduwhere edge pass if you still haven’t registered for it and start giving mock tests on Eduwhere.in. The pass is available at the cost of Rs 99 for one month and Rs 199 for 3 months. With this pass, students can practice 60 Full mock tests, 100 section-wise tests and 8500+ questions. With Eduwhere edge pass students can view the detailed analysis and result of every test they appeared for.