Social Media Creators
Right from the time when having an internet connection was a big deal until today when internet rules the world, social media has evolved a lot. There is a famous saying, "Social media should benefit your life, not become your life." From almost two decades, this saying has pretty much become the truth. Communication, education, work, business, hospitality and almost everything has become very simple.
As there are several social media giants in the world now, are you aware of the entrepreneurs who created this world of social media?
Let's take a look.
1. Jerry Yang and David Filo created Yahoo! in 1994.
2. Google, the biggest search engine used by the world was started in 1996 by Larry Page and Sergey Brin.
3. Skype messenger has succeeded in providing easy audio/ video chat and text messaging to the world. Thanks to the creators Priit Kasesalu, Jaan Tallinn, Ahti Heinla for creating Skype in 2003.
4. Mark Zuckerberg is not just a name but an inspiration for many. In the same way, his invention facebook is not just a social media site but a vast platform for many to do multiple things. Facebook was created in 2004 and since then people have been using it for communication, business and as a marketplace too.
5. YouTube changed the world by best the best collection of videos. Be it entertainment, education or adventure, YouTube gives you everything. Jawed Karim, Steve Chen and Chad Hurley created YouTube in 2005.
6. Jack Dorsey, Noah Glass, Biz Stone and Evan Williams created Twitter in 2006. It has helped the world to stay updated with the latest news and happenings.
7. SMS texting with paid services was a convenient option for people till the time Whatsapp was created by Brian Acton and Jan Koum in 2009.
8. In the world of hashtags, Instagram has been a platform for many of us to showcase our talent instantly. Kevin Systrom and Mike Krieger created this world where you can just click, post and share your thoughts worldwide.