Why Class 12th Students Should Take the NTA CUET Exam!
In the last few years, it has become clear that the cutoffs for getting into well-known central institutions are very high. Due to high cut-offs, a lot of students can't get into prestigious colleges like Delhi University. Research shows that the CBSE, ICSE, and WEST BENGAL Board all use different ways to evaluate students.
Because of this, some students don't have equal access to these universities because they didn't do as well in school. To solve this problem, a test called the Common University Entrance Test (CUET) Exam will be given to all students who want to go to college. After the CUET results are released, the National Testing Agency will make a common merit list, and students will be admitted based on that list.
Even though the CUET syllabus is similar to the class 12th syllabus, students are told to start preparing for CUET in class 12 and wait until the CUET admit card is released before starting to study. The CUET Exam is an entrance exam that people take to get into 45 of India's most respected Central Universities. The CUET Exam is given once a year by the National Testing Agency. On that note, let's talk about some things that show how important the CUET Exam is for students' career growth.
- All students should have fair and equal chances- Students in the modern era want to get into prestigious colleges so they can study their chosen fields. But only a small number of students who apply to the schools they want to go to get in. Students with low scores on the Class 12 exams don't have the same chance to choose their favourite university and degree programme. They lose motivation because of how much attention is paid to their Class 12 board exam results.
- With the CUET Examination, subjective bias can be lessened. If a candidate in class 12 got low grades in several classes, like Physics and Chemistry, but still wants to study Physics or Chemistry at the honours level, getting into a good university can be difficult. So far, the only way to get in has been to do well in Class 12. Certain degree programmes have turned away students with low grades. So, in 2022, CUET Exams will be used to fight against subjective bias.
- Students in Class 12 have a second chance to stand out by qualifying for the CUET entrance exam. If a student is smart enough, he or she can take the test and do better on it. Students who didn't do as well on the board exam will still be able to take the higher degree courses they want.
- Clarity on the students' ranks and positions: In the past, the students' ranks were not shown on their exams. Major central universities like Delhi University and Jawaharlal Nehru University did not publish student rankings because admission to undergraduate courses was based on Class 12 board exam results. So, the students didn't know where they stood, which led to chaos and confusion. Students often moved from one college to another because they didn't know their exact rank from before.
- The battle over the cut-off is finally over. The marks needed to get into top universities are very high, which makes students nervous. Since the way CBSE and ICSE students are graded is different, their cut-offs are also different. Meeting the cut-off marks can be hard, so their applications are sometimes turned down. But by 2022, the cut-off criteria will have been replaced by the CUET Exam score.
- The Class 12 board exam and CUET scores are used to decide who gets into college. This gives students a great chance to show what they can do and what they know, even if they didn't do well in Class 12. The Ministry of Education has decided that the results of the Class 12 board exam will count for 50% and the results of the CUET will count for the other 50%.
- The same way of picking people will be used. Until the start of 2022, well-known universities had their own ways of picking students for freshman classes. They didn't use a typical way to pick people. Because of this, the selection process can be seen as unfair.