The Chanakya National Law University, Patna will be conducting CLAT-2017. This year more than 3 lakh candidates have applied for CLAT (Common Law Admission Test). According to the official data 2,312 seats are being offered by the 18 Participating NLUs so, it is expected that large no. of candidates (more than 3 lakh) will sit for the online exam.
CLAT which is an India common entrance examination, conducted for those aspiring students who want to take admissions into various UG and PG degree programmes/courses. The Online exam will be held on May 14, 2017 (Sunday) from 3pm to 5pm. Candidate’s need to submit the filled online application forms latest by March 31, 2017. Admit cards will be available on the official website from April 20.
How To Apply
CLAT-2017 applicants can apply online, through the CAPS (CLAT online Application Processing System) interface.
Open the Official website of CLAT i.e www.clat.ac.in
Find the link “Apply Online” and click on it.
New users/candidates need to register fist so, click on the option, “Register Yourself”
Carefully fill in your details i.e (Name, father’s name, mother’s name, date of birth, a valid E-mail address, a working mobile number and a password). only one candidate can be registered with one E-mail address
Upon successful registration, an E-mail containing User ID and Password will be sent to the E-mail address and Mobile number provided by you.
You can apply now apply online clicking on link “Already Registered”. Login with your User-Id and Password (this will be the same User-ID and password sent to you e-mail).
upload the image files (in JPG / JPEG format) of photograph and signature.
Proceed for the fee payment.
Application Fee Charges
Unreserved/SAP/OBC/any other category
1. (i) Candidates shall be below Twenty (20) Years of age as on 1st July 2017 in case of all Unreserved/NRIs/NRI Sponsored categories candidates.
(ii) Candidates shall be below Twenty Two (22) years of age as on 1st July 2017 in case of SC/ST/ OBC/Specially Abled Persons (SAP) category candidates.
2. As regards minimum percentage of marks in qualifying examination (i.e., 10+2), the candidates must have secured:
(i) Forty five percent (45%) marks in case of candidates belonging to Unreserved /OBC /Specially Abled Persons (SAP) and other categories, and
(ii) Forty Percent (40%) marks in case of candidates belonging to SC/ST categories.
3. Candidates who are appearing in the qualifying examination in March/April 2017 are also eligible for appearing in CLAT-2017 online examination. However, they shall be required to produce an evidence of their passing the qualifying examination at the time of admission, failing which they shall lose their right to be considered for admission.
4. The result of qualifying examination (i.e., 10+2) shall be submitted by the candidate at the time of admission failing which the candidate shall be ineligible for admission to the Course.
5. In case of equal marks, the breaking of tie shall be by the following procedure and order as under:
(i) Higher marks in the section of legal aptitude in CLAT-2017 exam.
(ii) Higher age.
(iii) Computerized draw of lots.
For more info on CLAT refer to the Knowledge Hub Section.
CLAT 2017 syllabus is split into the following sections –
|Subject||No. of Questions||Marks||Duration(in mins)|
|Starting date for submission of online application form||January 01, 2017|
|Last date for submission of filled-in online application form||March 31, 2017|
|Download of Admit Cards||From 20th April, 2017|
|CLAT 2017 Online examination||14th May, 2017 (Sunday), 3 PM to 5 PM|
For more important dates follow Knowledge Hub Section.